Pages

Tuesday

A Coincidence Or A Prayer Answered

A coincidence story today from Josue about a 'coincidence' that happened in his life - or maybe it was a prayer answered.

father and son forgiveness"I wanted to share a personal story of mine.

As a child I was taught Catholic and Jewish beliefs. I'd have to say that growing up within these religions left me a bit confused. It wasn't long before I decided that religion was just bull.

However, despite my beliefs at this point, my story takes me on a journey of faith - which I promised myself I would share if I had the opportunity.

When I was five years old my father left my mother and I.

I didn't realise or know, until many years later, as to why he left us. It was because he was sick and suffered from schizophrenia. To cut a long story short, he left as he considered this would be what was best for us. Unfortunately though, until I discovered this fact, during all my years while growing up I hated him.

Fourteen years later, after understanding why he left me, I prayed and asked God to forgive me for having hated my dad for all of those years.

The very next day, out of the blue, I had a phone call from my dad! He called, after all of those years, just to say hello.

When I think now about this coincidence, I fall back on the thought that God must have heard my prayer."

~ Josue

Further Reading:
Titanic Coincidence In The News
The Duplicated Plane Crash Coincidence
A Mystical Approach To Problem Solving

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful story. Forgiveness is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God ? Maybe ?
    ...or a holographic universe...or both ?

    I would recommend reading "The Holographic Universe"
    by Michael Talbot,for those who don't understand the term 'holographic universe'.
    It's worth pondering over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult (impossible) to define God. Holographic universe is well worth a ponder.

      Delete